Reasons to Buy Star Cardiac Care Health Insurance Policy
India has seen a steep rise in healthcare expenses in the last decade. It has become difficult for especially the middle-class people to get decent healthcare if they do not have health insurance. India is also the country where cardiac issues have been on the rise, along with diabetes ever since the advent of the new century.
Cardiac issues include problems such as heart attack, coronary arrhythmia, and coronary blockage, to name a few. Each and every one of the issues mentioned above is very serious, and they should be given immediate medical attention if you have them. Sadly, cardiac disorders are also issues which cost a lot to get treatment.
Benefits of Star Cardiac Care Health Insurance Policy
Many companies provide Cardiac cover, which is a dedicated Health insurance for heart and its issues. Star Health Insurance provides Cardiac Care Health Policy. The policy is handmade for those who have cardiac issues and are at an exposed risk of incurring hospitalisation expenses. The policy also covers the hospitalisation for accidents and diseases not related to cardiac issues. To understand the policy better, let’s understand the benefits:
1. Coverage for Hospitalisation: The policy provides a coverage of all the medical costs that are incurred during hospitalisation of minimum 24-hours. The policy also takes care of the cost of associated expenses such as anaesthesia, operation theatre, oxygen, etc.
- Pre-Hospitalisation: The policy offers coverage for 30 days’ worth of medical expenses before hospitalisation.
- Post-Hospitalisation: The policy covers medical expenses up to 7% worth of the hospitalisation charges or Rs 5,000/- whichever is less, for every time a patient is hospitalised.
- Day-care Treatments: All the day-care procedures are covered by the policy.
2. Cardiac Diseases Cover: After a waiting period of 90 days cardiac issues would be covered. This waiting period is not applicable if the policy goes for renewal. The policy has a waiting period of 48 months for the pre-existing diseases.
3. Accidental Cover: If an accident caused the death of the policyholder within 12 months of the date of the accident then the insurance company would compensate the family of the policyholder with the compensation amount that was pre-decided in the policy.
4. OPD Coverage: The policy covers the outpatient consultation of the policyholder at any network hospital. The limit for one time is Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1500/- per policy term. The amount is a part of the sum insured.
5. Cataract Cover: The policy also covers cataract treatment. The policy offers Rs. 20,000/- per hospitalisation for cataract treatment and Rs. 30,000/- for the full policy period.
Why Choose Star Health Insurance?
The Star Health Insurance company has been around for 15 years, and they have provided excellent service to all their policyholders. Here are a few reasons for choosing Star Health Insurance:
- The company has more than 9,900+ network hospitals throughout India.
- There is no Third Party Administrator (TPA) for Star Health Insurance policies. The claim is settled in-house.
- The company believes in a fast and hassle-free claim settlement.
The Cardiac Care policy provided by Star Health Insurance company has many benefits apart from cardiac care. The benefits of the policy, along with the few add-ons provided when clubbed with the history of the Star Health Insurance company, makes this policy one of the best in the market.
“Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.”