Should you wait for iPhone 15 or buy iPhone 14 right now?
The American tech giant unveiled its iPhone 14 series on September 14, 2022. The iPhone 14 series includes the regular iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Plus (A new addition to the series and the replacement for the mini version), the iPhone 14 Pro, and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. With the iPhone 14 series, Apple has discontinued its iPhone Mini series, which originated with the iPhone 12 series.
This time, the regular iPhone 14 non-pro variants got significantly less significant updates from its predecessor. However, the iPhone 14 Pro series changed drastically compared to last year’s iPhone 13 Pro series. The iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max variants got a significant jump when compared to its predecessor.
The iPhone 14 Pro series comes with a new Apple A16 Bionic Chipset. This new Satellite Connectivity feature is handy for emergency SOS services (Though the service is not available in India), the new 48 MP Pro Camera System, and many more. The iPhone also announced a fantastic feature called ‘Dynamic Island.’ However, the regular iPhone 14 seems no different from its predecessor, iPhone 13.
If you are confused between the iPhone 14 and the upcoming iPhone 15 about which one to buy, then this article will help you understand the substantial difference between them and make your buying decision clear.
Why buy the iPhone 14?
Buying iPhone 14 won’t feel regret to you, because of the following reasons:
1. The iPhone 14 series was launched recently, and there is enough time for the iPhone 15 series to arrive, i.e., more than seven months remain, so if you buy the iPhone 14 now, you will be served with a new version of iOS.
2. As discussed earlier, there are no significant changes with the iPhone 14 compared to the 2021s iPhone 13. Still, some tweaks will be worth spending your money on the new iPhone 14, which borrows the iPhone 13 Pro’s primary camera, with a bigger sensor f/1.5 aperture, and also the selfie camera gets a broader aperture, too; battery improvements; the same A15 Bionic Chipset but with 5-core GPU.
3. The new software algorithm, i.e., iOS 16 out of the box, is another win.
4. Apple will likely increase the prices of the Pro and the Ultra model owing to the 3nm chip.
Why not buy the iPhone 14 and wait for the upcoming iPhone 15?
Waiting for Apple’s 2023 iPhones will be worth it, as it is expected that iPhone 15 series will carry more massive upgrades than its predecessors. The below list of points will make it clear whether you should wait for iPhone 15 or not.
1. The iPhone 15 will likely come with significant upgrades to the iPhone 14. The SoC used in iPhone 14 is the same as the iPhone 13 but with enhanced GPU, but it is expected that the iPhone 15 will arrive with the A16 chipset, which the current iPhone 14 Pro series have used.
2. The iPhone 15 Pro variants will likely feature 8GB of RAM. So the memory will bump up substantially from the current 6GB RAM. (Leaked report by Taiwanese research firm TrendForce).
3. The iPhone 15 Ultra (iPhone 15 Pro Max) is set to feature a minimum of 256 GB of standard storage option. However, the iPhone 15 Pro will likely arrive only with a 128 GB base storage option. (Claimed by Leaker Majin Bu).
4. Apple is planning to ditch the lightning port. The upcoming iPhone 15 series is expected to come with USB-C ports.
5. Apple will likely bring the Dynamic Island to all four iPhone 15 models. That means the vanilla iPhone 15 will feature Dynamic Island, which is not present in the vanilla iPhone 14.
6. 2023’s iPhone 15 and 15 Plus models may launch at a lower price.
7. iPhone 15 Ultra will reportedly feature a Titanium frame.
8. All iPhone 15 models are rumored to pack larger batteries. Reportedly, the vanilla iPhone 15 will feature a 3,877 mAh battery, a 19% increase over the iPhone 14’s 3,279 mAh battery. The iPhone 15 Plus will pack a 4,912 mAh battery, a 15% increase over the iPhone 14 Plus’s 4,323 mAh battery.
The iPhone 15 Pro is said to feature a 3,650 mAh battery, which is a 16% increase over the iPhone 14 Pro’s 3,200 mAh battery. The iPhone 15 Pro Max is said to feature a 4,852 mAh battery, which is a 13% increase over the iPhone 14 Pro Max’s 4,323 mAh battery.
The above-listed reasons are major reasons for waiting for the iPhone 15.
We are not forcing you to buy this iPhone or that iPhone. But if you want to buy an iPhone 14, this is the right time to check it out. But if you are waiting and proceeding with the 2023’s iPhone, you can wait for it.
If you already have iPhone 13, then iPhone 14 might not be a successive choice. But if you are an iOS and Apple fan and can upgrade yearly, you can try out iPhone 14. Waiting for iPhone 15 will also be worthwhile as we have enlisted some steps that make it a worthy upgrade to your current device.
So, if you were confused about whether to buy iPhone 14 or wait for the upcoming iPhone 15, we hope this article clarifies the difference and clarifies your buying decision.