Why Buy a Family Delite Plan by Star Health Insurance?
Family Delite Health Insurance Plan by Star health Insurance Company provides comprehensive coverage for the entire family including self, spouse, and dependent children. It is a plan that safeguards the whole family under a single sum insured at an affordable price.
Features of Star Family Delite Health Insurance Plan
The key features of the Family Delite Health Insurance plan by Star health insurance company are highlighted below:
- The plan is available for individuals falling in the age group between 5 months and 65 years. It is also available with lifelong renewability benefits.
- People above the age of 50 years need to undergo a pre-policy medical check-up at the company’s nominated centers and the expenses for which are borne by the insurance company itself.
- The policy is equipped with a maximum sum insured of Rs 3 lakh to ensure the whole family for the mentioned illnesses.
- Apart from the common coverages, this insurance policy also offers various other benefits like a free look period, tax benefits, etc.
- The plan does not have any third-party administrator.
Is Star Family Delite Health Insurance Plan an Ideal Policy for You?
In case you are the sole bread earner in your family, then the Family Delite plan by Star health insurance company is a must buy a policy. The policy offers unique benefits and coverage for even a five months old baby. Also, it provides coverage for some specific illnesses which make it one of the best health insurance.
Insurance Coverage of Star Family Delite Health Insurance Plan
The coverage offered by Star Family Delite Health Insurance Plan is mentioned below:
1. Pre-hospitalisation Expenses: These are the medical costs incurred by the policyholder prior to taking admission in the hospital. Such expenses include doctor’s or physician’s fees, medicinal costs, test expenses, etc.
2. Post-hospitalisation Expenses: These are the medical costs that are incurred by the insured after getting discharged from the hospital. Such expenses include medicinal costs, follow-ups, expenses for various tests, etc.
3. In-patient Hospitalisation Expenses: In-patient hospitalization expenses arise when an insured takes medical treatment for more than 24 hours in a hospital. Such expenses include nursing charges, anesthesia, doctor’s fee, ICU charges, room rent charges, etc.
4. Cashless Facility: Cashless Mediclaim facility available at network hospitals. The Star health insurance company has more than 9300 plus network hospitals all over India.
5. Ambulance Expenses: Coverage for ambulance expenses is also provided by the insured under this plan.
6. Day Care Treatment: The daycare procedure involves getting treatment in hospitals for less than 24 hours. Such procedures include dialysis, cataract, chemotherapy, lithotripsy, etc.
7. Pre-existing Disease: Coverage of pre-existing illness after the completion of 4 years of the health plan.
What is Not Covered Under Star Family Delite Health Insurance Plan?
The key exclusions from the Family Delite health insurance plan by Star Health Insurance Company are as follows:
1. Expenses arising out of wheelchair, contact lenses, hearing aids, etc.
2. Expenses arising out of dental treatment until it is due to an accident.
3. Cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery costs.
4. Non-allopathic treatment cost.
5. Expenses arising out of injury because of nuclear materials or weapons.
6. Expenses related to obesity or weight control treatment
7. Cost from involvement in hazardous, adventure, or sports activities.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard